Total Pageviews

Friday 18 February 2011

Roast Gammon Shank

I mentioned this cut the other day when I did the ham and veg soup and it really is a cheap way of getting ham.

The recipe I use is in the initial recipe I mentioned in the soup and can be viewed here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bakedham_2810

Nearly all the recipes I cook come from using Google and I simply type in the food I have for the night and see what comes up. Yesterday I ended up with curried Mackerel, as I had some mackerel in the freezer and it needed eating. It may sound weird but it was great. Recipe was from goodfood .com. I don't normally like curried fish. I find the  flavour of fish is too delicate to adulterate with Curry paste, but because Mackerel has such a robust flour it was brilliant and with Oven baked cubed potatoes and onions also coated in curry paste it was to did for. Will be showing recipe and pictures on here soon.

Anyway back to the Baked Ham. Not much to say really but as they they a picture tells a thousand words. Here it is.

Try it out. It's a great recipe and for the info Morrisons sell Gammon shanks on the meat counter and I am sure all good meat retailers sell at all good Butchers and other supermarkets stock it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment