Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 January 2011

Edwina Curry on The One show speaking about eggs

As 'The One show' highlighted tonight, just maybe Edwina was right to point out that eggs back in 1988 may have contained more than we thought.

 At the time I was a photographer on a local newspaper in Surrey and had like most people no real knowledge of the Farming industry and was unaware of the problems.

I didn't get into agriculture until 1995, and only because of a contact from my days on the local paper.

The rest is history and I am now a real foodie and believer in Free range food.

Whilst working for the farming press I had the wonderful experience (not) of going into a Battery hen (factory),

The smell was unbelievable and some where no animal, human or otherwise should be in. others may disagree but that is my personal opinion.

I would far sooner have my egg from hens like these than from hens cooped up in what are basically factories. They deserved better and hopefully will now get it. In January 2012 battery cages are suppose to be banned let's hope it happens.

For cheaper eggs we still have barn eggs, but from somebody who has been in a Hen Battery hen shed (factory let's get rid of it now.



No comments:

Post a Comment